Thursday, November 17, 2005

Why Do Moslems Hate Jews?

Does the Islamic religion or tradition actually teach hatred or justify it in any way? Is it the religion itself, its history, and/or its prophets and leaders that causes Moslems to hate Jews?

I do find the subject somewhat interesting. I do not know how me sitting in my living room, watching my favorite television programs ("Lost" and "Desperate Housewives"), eating my favorite food (mashed potatoes with cheese melted in them), trying to remember what to buy at the grocery store (I always forget something), and loving G-d is in any way a threat to any Moslem or anyone else. I'm not doing anything bad to anybody. I'm just being me.

And apparently, me just being me is enough reason for millions of adherents to another religion to want to kill me. That's a whole lot of hate. So, naturally, I'm curious.

I'm going to keep a little mini-library here about this very subject. So... this list is going to grow as I search for understanding:

Mohammed's Own Words

Qur’an 2:64 “But you [Jews] went back on your word and were lost losers. So become apes, despised and hated. We made an example out of you.”

Ishaq:240 “The Jews are a nation of liars.... The Jews are a treacherous, lying, and evil people.”

Qur’an 33:26 “Allah made the Jews leave their homes by terrorizing them so that you killed some and made many captive. And He made you inherit their lands, their homes, and their wealth. He gave you a country you had not traversed before.”

Ishaq:250 “The bestial transformation occurred when Allah turned Jews into apes, despised.”

Qur'an 59:14 “The Jews are devoid of sense. There is a grievous punishment awaiting them. Satan tells them not to believe so they will end up in Hell.”

Ishaq:254/Qur’an 2:96 “We will not remove a Jew from the punishment. They know the shameful thing that awaits them.”

Qur’an 4:55 “Sufficient for the Jew is the Flaming Fire!”


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home