Sunday, November 06, 2005

Shiksa? What shiksa?

So, okay. I'm not really a shiksa... anymore. But I was one, once upon a time, more than half my lifetime ago. I am 55 years old and I converted to Judaism when I was 25. I studied with Rabbi Joseph Feinstein who gave an especially lovely lesson on the sanctity of Life one day...

Just as we were discussing the subject, an annoying fly buzzed the Rabbi. In a flash, Rabbi Feinstein's hand snapped out and with a piece of rolled-up paper he smacked the sanctified life right out of that little fly. The Rabbi's wife burst out laughing.

"So what happened to your lesson on the sanctity of Life?," she asked.

"Let him pay his share of the rent and he can live," answered the Rabbi.

This sweet Orthodox rabbi had already written an episode of "Sanford and Son" in which Fred Sanford discovers his Jewish roots.

So. I'm not a shiksa anymore. And I only ever saw one episode of, "The X Files," but I still liked my title up there, so that's how this blog got its name. Capische?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home